Poddubnyak Kristina Yuryevna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The ever-growing number of cases adversely affects the quality of justice. Since ancient times the resolution of cases by the amicable agreement significantly reduced the burden on the court system. That international experience played a huge role in the amicable agreement in Russia. The purpose of this work is to analyze the evolution of the amicable agreement from ancient times to the present day.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research tasks was achieved by analyzing various regulations of different periods, such as the Laws of XII tables, the Laws of Henry I, the Napoleonic Code, the Catholic Code of 1649, the Code of Civil Procedure of the RSFSR, the Code of Civil Procedure in Italy in 1940, etc. The methodological basis of the article were general scientific (dialectical, systematic, historical) and private-legal methods of knowledge of reality (comparative-legal, formal-legal).
Results. The laws of several foreign countries were studied. Besides there was explored the history of the institution of amicable agreement since ancient times to the present. Also there were analyzed the reasons of occurrence of the amicable agreement institution in various stages of legal history.
Conclusions. The reviewed materials suggest that the conciliation procedures have passed a long evolution and have been used in different ways in different historical conditions by many nations, but they have always played a stabilizing role. In the current market economy, the amicable agreement plays a key role in the judicial systems of many countries.
1. Zakon XII tablets [The law of XII tables]. Available at: http://www.constitutions.ru
2. Baron Yu. Sistema rimskogo grazhdanskogo prava [The system of Roman civil law]. Saint Petersburg, 1909, iss. 1, bk. 1, General part, 250 p.
3. Grazhdanskiy kodeks Frantsii (Kodeks Napoleona) ot 21.03.1804 (s izm. i dop. po sostoyaniyu na 01.09.2011) [The civil code of France (the Napoleon Code) from
21.03.1804 (with amendments and supplements on 01.09.2011)]. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/
4. Tikhomirov M. N., Epifanov P. P. Sobornoe ulozhenie 1649 goda [The General Code of 1649]. Moscow: Izd-vo Mosk. un-ta, 1961, 431 p.
5. Dmitriev F. M. Istoriya sudebnykh instantsiy i grazhdanskogo apellyatsionnogo proizvodstva ot Sudebnika do Uchrezhdeniya o guberniyakh [History of juridical instances and civil appeal proceedings from the Code of law to the Decree on provinces]. Moscow, 1899, vol. 1, 591 p.
6. Nyurenberg A. M. Ustav sudoproizvodstva torgovogo [The code of trade legal proceedings]. Moscow: Izdanie yuridicheskogo knizhnogo magazina «Pravovedenie» I. K. Golubeva, 1913, 484 p.
7. Dekrety sovetskoy vlasti [Decrees of the soviet authorities].Moscow:Gos.izd-vo polit.literatury, 1957,vol.I,627p.
8. O vvedenii v deystvie Grazhdanskogo protsessual'nogo kodeksa RSFSR (vmeste s «Grazhdanskim protsessual'nym kodeksom RSFSR»): Postanovlenie VTsIK ot 10.07.1923 [On introduction of the Civil procedural code of the RSFSR (together with the “Civil procedural code of the RSFSR”): the decree of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee from 10.07.1923]. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/
9. Titul VI Zakonodatel'nogo dekreta Italii ot 17 yanvarya 2003 g. № 5 [The Title of VI Legislative decree of Italy from 17 January 2003 №5]. Available at: http://mediators.ru/rus/about_mediation/foreing_law/italy/text2?print
10.Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collection of the RF legislation]. 2010, no. 31 (2 Aug.), art. 4162.
11. Grazhdanskiy protsessual'nyy kodeks Kitayskoy Narodnoy Respubliki ot 9 aprelya 1991 g. [The Civil procedural code of the People’s Republic of China from 9 April 1991]. Available at: http://www.ni- hao.ru/info/?id=23&pid=87&element=58
12. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 1992, 15 apr.
13. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collection of the RF legislation]. 1995, no. 19 (8 May), art. 1709.
14. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collection of the RF legislation]. 2002, no. 46 (18 Nov.), art. 4532.
15. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collection of the RF legislation]. 2002, no. 3 (29 July), art. 3012.